Tuesday 17 November 2009

Play Framework

Last week I finally found the java web framework that I have been looking for. It is called the Play! framework. Check out the video at http://www.playframework.org/ to see why I like it so much. This framework is quite similar to the Ruby on Rails framework that I love so much and will allow me to develop much faster than I could in any other framework I have come across which I find to be very important.
Now that I have this framework I have decided to put the cms development on hold as I no longer need it for the forum as I can achieve everything I need using the play framework. This means that development of the forum itself is starting this week and I will be able to give you all a working prototype pretty quickly.
I am hoping to have completed the forum enough for discussion creation and listing at a minimum by the end of the week and hope to have a teaser uploaded by the end of the week. I plan on releasing new previews once a week (probably Fridays) so that you can see where the forum is headed and provide feedback while I work on the forum.
Let me know what you think about the play framework. I especially look forward to no longer having to do the usual development process of compile, stop server, start server, reload page.

No comments:

Post a Comment